Thursday 14 June 2018

Misrepresentation and The Failure To Understand One's Fantasies

A common mistake is in abstracting symbolism or themes of masochistic emasculation and holding them as representative of the fetishism as a whole.




In the case of the popular caption above, it isn’t that one is actually attracted to men and turned off by women, but that the symbols are present only in so far as they function as being something that causes distress for me to be associated with.



To understand any MEF fantasy, is to think, what is it that I am being associated to that is so distressing. What here causes me anxiety to think of myself in this way, let alone to imagine others thinking of me in this way?




One isn’t sexually aroused by the idea of “having a female body” nor “being female”, but rather the masochistic anxiety of oneself being associated to these symbols.

No comments:

Post a Comment